DOG & CAT GROOMING
At Groom Grub & Belly we offer a full range of grooming services. We use only all-natural shampoos and conditioners that are soap free. Additional services such as hot oil treatments, blueberry facials, and flea & tick dips are available for a minimal surcharge. Rates for grooming depend on breed, temperament & coat condition. Feel free to call us if you have any further questions.
Hours of Operation
We groom pets seven days a week. Our hours are Monday – Saturday 9:00AM – 8:00PM last appointments of the day must begin no later than 6:00PM depending on the breed and condition and Sunday 10:00AM – 6:00PM with the last grooming at 4:00PM depending on the breed and condition. All dogs coming in for grooming must be picked up no later than 30 minutes after they have been notified that their pet is ready otherwise an additional charge will apply.
Because our groomers only take in 6 to 7 groomings a day and because we do not work as an assembly line, please book your service in advance. Each pet will get a 2-hour window in which it is worked on start to finish by our groomers. The best means to ensure service is to get on a regular schedule and not worry about last minute arrangements. Ask about setting up reoccurring appointments today!.
All dogs coming in for a grooming appointment must be walked prior to them being dropped off. We strive to provide a clean, stress-free and most of all safe environment for your pets during their groomings. If we have to clean up after your dog there will be additional clean up charge of $2.00.
All pets must be up to date on their vaccinations prior to their appointment. Upon scheduling your first appointment please bring in a record of your most up to date vaccinations. If you have recently vaccinated your pet please be sure to let us know so we can update our records.
Please note that we will allow your dog to hang out around our grooming area as long as they do not mark equipment and furniture. If they do mark we will have no choice but to crate them. If your dog is dog aggressive, please be sure to tell us when you are making your appointment so we can be sure to minimize the chance they will interact with other dogs. If there are other dogs in the grooming area, dog aggressive dogs will be crated for the safety of all the dogs.
Possible Grooming Injuries
At Groom Grub & Belly Rub we strive to make your dog look his or her best. Sometimes however, due to the delicate nature of the grooming process, and the reaction of the dog being groomed, accidents do happen. Some possible injuries to be aware of include:
• Skin Irritations - usually caused by your dog's unfamiliarity with certain shampoos or conditioners and also can be a by-product of being de-matted.
• Eye Irritations - these often occur when water or shampoo gets into the hair around your dog's eyes and are usually corrected with a thorough rinsing.
• Scratches - these usually occur with an overly excited or nervous pet on the grooming table. Depending on the location of the scratch or nick a simple application of an anti-biotic ointment should resolve any discomfort or redness.
• Clipped Nails - this usually occurs with dogs that are not used to nail clipping and who move or move suddenly when our groomer attempts to cut back their nails. Regular nail clippings make a dog more comfortable with this treatment and much less likely to move.
• Cuts - these usually occur with dogs that are excited, nervous or aggressive towards the groomer. Grooming regularly will again reduce the chance of these incidents.
Please be advised that while we do everything possible to prevent injuries to your dog, you assume the risk of any injury or illness that may occur to your dog during the grooming process.